Happiness, dancing, and smiles.. Life can change in a moment.

  Happiness, dancing, smiles on a Saturday night can turn into carnage and terror.



I want to learn to not be agitated by things out of my control or any such as:

Delayed flights like this past morning.  The flight waiting to take off missing paperwork that seems quite straightforward to get it right.

People who choose not to like me or decide all of a sudden not to...life and I are always changing.

Traffic and drivers who don't move the moment the light changes. Drivers who turn and leave so much space between them and the car ahead that I miss the light.

The person in front of me at Starbucks that is surprised by the choices or that there is more lemon cake than what is in the display case.

The person in front of me who doesn't remember to take off their shoes, jacket or take out their laptop going through security at the airport.

People who get up during takeoff or landing ...

The in line skater at the beach who has bells on so we all get out of his way.  The cyclists on the sidewalk instead of the bike lane.

The person walking who demonstrates to me how to lift the weights in my arms.  As if I don't know ?

The incessant need of the news to repeat the odd comments of all candidates for office.

I really want to stop worrying or getting mad about things I can't change and learn to appreciate my life more and more like Miss Belle:



Sunrises over the ocean.

Love and just living contently as a family.

My parents, siblings and their extended families.

Funny movies and we need more of them.

Celebrate my queerness along with the community.

Friends and especially those long term friends who keep putting up with me even as they got to know me more and more.

This country of ours with all its imperfections and insanity that continues to move forward with optimism.

Good food and wine ... along with healthy exercise.

A great dog who helped create a family .. of love and contentment.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day