Yes all is well. Except ... Where are you ?

What happens when the fuse is lit and life heads in an unexpected direction ?

I started a blog post early this year that I knew this year was about life and a new direction.   Though I didn't know where, why or how.   There was a feeling that this year would be what I have called an inflection point in my life.  That something somehow would change, and the gut was the change would be for the good.  So, I wake up this morning in what I called yesterday a detox from work.  Sitting at Denny's off of Duval for breakfast, in Key West, starting a month's journey to figure out how I think my life will proceed.  I am a complicated fellow at times and I don't believe this will all sort itself out in a month, but I hope to Detox to let my mind wonder in new directions and I have one clear goal.   This is for all practical purposes the halfway point in my life.  I will be 49 in November.  I am a lucky man to have parents who are healthy and with it and had grandparents that lived a good life till late in life.  So, assuming this is the midway point.  I assume for my nieces and nephews they may live much more but reality is as I get out of bed in the morning I realize that yes I am getting older.  I feel great, but reality is that we all leave this planet at some point.  I am in no rush to exit, but I don't want the second half of life to begin without some for thought.   I don't know where I want to head, and without a plan life will continue as it has.  Jumping from job to job, and looking for love and happiness each day.   That doesn't sound bad, and frankly I enjoy my life, but I want to take time and thought.  The next half will end, and would like to be there looking back with a smile and not any regrets.

Through a stream of events in Las Vegas with my employer, we decided to part ways as of May 23rd.  They wanted more from a leadership and work point of view.   They also wanted me to move west to put more focus on their local market.  Both request were reasonable, that said it gave me an opportunity to reevaluate work and my personal life.   As Cheryl said, the events in Las Vegas have been a catalyst for change in my life.  My choice was a mutual agreement that I would leave iSOA Group, Inc. and allow them to bring someone on board in California that could focus on the local relationships, and continue the changes that I helped start.  Focus on solutions, focus on real business value with customers, and drive value with customer and key relationships including IBM.  So, here I sit grateful for the time at iSOA Group, Inc. and thankful that I have the luxury of time.  I plan to use this time carefully.  Not, to jump around but to focus on something that I believe and have written needs to be of value to everyone, happiness.  I may live another 49 or more years but I want to focus on my life today because we really don't know the answer.  We could only have tomorrow.  There could be an auto accident, or some other event that causes our lives to be shorten so what would happen if tomorrow was that day would I lay my head down one last time and smile.  So, far I am smiling.. I want to smile more and be happier.

So, I have called this life detox or work detox.  If you look back over the years of my blog, note Key West continues to play a role in my life when changes occur and this time doesn't appear any different.  So, join me for the next 30 days and I will try to write something every day.  May not be long posts, or some days in maybe longer than you could imagine.  So, Join me.. or... choose not to, just be happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day