From Key West and Beyond.. Looking for good Karma!!!


I sit here, nearing the end of a journey.  This feeling that I needed to step outside of my life to observe it.  To think, to observe, and make sure that I get out of my own skin.  I picked the most unusual place in June, Key West.  I originally thought about a train ride through the northeast.  Stopping along the way in Washington, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York, and end maybe in Maine.  But, that would have been costly and frankly would have been more about the journey and the company along the way.  It wouldn't have had the same ideal of stepping outside of myself and looking at the world and my world from what is basically an observation post.

When I decided to rent this house.  I thought for a moment and did some research on house or apartment in New York City itself.  What would that look like?  What could it be that I had missed almost 20 years ago by placing my world in Westchester County that day and not as some in the briefing center had in the city itself?  I do love New York City.  As big cities go, I must confess in all my journeys not have found a city of that size that had the same feeling of safety, energy, vitality, and community as New York.  What could I have discovered in a month?  I think it would have been more about being absorbed into the city itself.

So, I sit here with basically 8 or 9 days to go, and I have some certain thoughts about my path.   I am glad that I chose Key West.  I am glad that I am sitting here and that, even after 21 days,  I don't have all the ideas organized, the path I am on has some stones in the road ahead but the path is a winding one. 

Key West, in June, might seem odd.  But, frankly I am seeing life differently.  Key West is still lovely in the heat of the summer.  It is humid, and very warm in the day time.  So, people walk a little slower.  Hang out in air conditioned places but still smile.  There is more of a leisure life as compared to their height of the season.  You get the feeling that the locals that love it here don't distinguish one season from another.  They like living here.  The waitress this morning was managing a store here that closed, and they wanted to move her to Texas she said no.   They moved her to Miami but within a year she was back home in Key West.   This is a place, similar to Ptown, where it gets in your heart as a place to be and to be part of a place as I see it after all of 21 days.  It is expensive.  I think would be a toss up between Ptown and Key West for most expensive meals or experience.  They have similar qualities in that you have to make a point to go there.  You don't start out in a Boston on a leisurely drive and end up in Provincetown 2 1/2 to 3 hours later, nor do you start out in Miami driving south and hours and bridges later wind up in Key West by chance.  Key West is more vibrant so far in the heat of the summer compared to the cold of winter in Ptown.   But, so far the similarities are pretty strong with each having its own charm and strengths.

Interested in my soundtrack for my time here:

Artist                                                    Lyrics

Anita Baker                                           FairyTales

Pat Benatar                                           EveryTime I fall Back

Pink                                                     Glitter in the Air

Neil Diamond                                         I am, I said

Cher                                                     Woman'sWorld


Duffy                                                     Mercy


Heather Headley                                    Sunday





So, I am not sure where I am going.  If I were a rowboat there are a few oars in the water starting to move the boat, but probably an odd number so steering is a little difficult.  There needs to be some balance in my thought, and steering.  Some thought and care put to make sure the course is a smooth one and yet is ready for when the weather or the water becomes less than calm.  I am dealing with all of these thoughts.  One day, I have 10 ideas to scale the next mountain or career, and then I wake up stick my head in the pool and wonder if that is that really what I want to do after all.  The point of this adventure.  The choices over the last month in particular is to make sure I have a choices, I identify them, look at them from my mind, heart and some karma as well to decide what my next adventure would be.



I like the idea of being in a service oriented business.  Where people can see the value of you day to day. At the same time, it needs to both stimulate my mind and soul.  I am as someone wise told me, a complicated man who enjoys complicated people.  I would like to be simpler at times, but I know it isn't meant to be.  So, I am helping my friend in NC try and sell something, working on some marketing work with good friends, and maybe some other partnerships.  But, am also hoping that my soul the feeling side of my being doesn't let my analytical mind power through and win all the discussions. 


So.. follow me as the boat fills with oars or fills up with water..  but living our own version of the truth smiles!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day