Mysteries of my Mind

Have you ever had a day, and you just couldn't make sense of the world? Or more importantly sense of your own world?

That was part of my day. I sit here all comfortable in my life, but on occasion my mind takes a journey. I have a great gift and that is I can see logic and I can see feelings and beauty. I know there are discussions of right brain and left brain. But, I know in my gut I have the balance of both. It gives me a great gift but at times a great challenge as well.

I spend most of my waking days during the week in the logic of my mind. IBM drives the need for logical thought. Speed of execution, and to creatively investigate better ways to do things. But, I know to be successful it must be logical and so I keep my mind centered on that. The ability to cross the line of my mind and tap my creative energies adds to my value at work, and I think helps to differentiate me in a sea of bright and successful people, but nonetheless I exist in a logical world.

For most of my day, and days I sit comfortable in that space. And, usually the emotional and creative side of my mind is in an equilibrium with my logical mind and all is good. But, on rare occasions my feelings and heart go in one direction and my logical mind sees the path of choice differently. And, so today was one of those days.

I have work to do, but will wake up early tomorrow to get it done. My emotional right brain decided today was the day to pull me out of my comfort zone and just make me look at my world and take a different snap shot in my mind. Nothing bad, just one of those days where my right brain wanted long walks. Music and long rides and a great moment of feelings. Not, a logical analysis of the news as it pertains to Brian.

So, I drove around this afternoon trying to right my emotional mind. Finally, as I adventured back home, the right question came to mind. What would I change in my life today? I did think about a puppy, but when it all came to pass I realized that I didn't want to change anything today. And, my emotions and logical mind started their journey back to a reasonable equilibrium.

Interesting.. I just took the test for Brain.exe.. google it. Usually I hit the middle and today it says I am right brained and visual. Much different than the norm for me, but fits my mood.

Viva La Difference!

Happy Days and Spring is near!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day