Musings for 2011

SO, here I sit and I can't believe it has been more than two months since my last posting. I have been spanked online by Mr. Dynin for not having written in a while, and I do deserve it. Frankly, I wrote two posts and never posted them. As much as I love this outlet, I must confess that one was too personal for me to post. It was related to coming out and the challenges about how where I lived kept me mentally and emotionally in the closet. I just reread it and still think it has meaning. Maybe it is a tree that falls in the woods, and if I am the only one that reads it does it matter?

It is interesting... because not posting the personal post makes me feel slightly hypocritical. I know I intended this blog to be all out here with my musings of my own life. I also realize that I may have posted this a year ago, but since I have returned to IBM and taken my Business Conduct Guidelines class and test it made me pause. Frankly, they mention social media as a concern and I don't know why but the idea of something personal that intertwines with work made me anxious. Also, how odd it is to write about something I wrote but did not post.

So, here I sit.. in a condo I have been renting from my ex for the last 18 or so months. I am sitting out on the porch.. listening to the rustle of the trees on the night before Valentines Day. Which just so happens to have been our anniversary of sorts. I think it has been sixteen years, since we met at a bar 3 blocks away. It was a very interesting day in that I was in a very crappy mood. It is more interesting today, cause beyond family there are really 2 people that have stuck it out with me day in and day out since I moved here, Harry and Cecelia.

So.. we met, snowbird Harry and local Brian. And then the story took an interesting turn. I think I have written here about it before so I will not go on and on. But, we met and within three weeks I had been up to NYC for an interview, and then accepted a job with IBM in an Internet Briefing Center.

The unusual part, I met Harry really because of Cecelia. I had been seeing this guy Ross. He lived in Orlando but helped connect and maintain hotel computers. So we met down here and started a relationship. I spent a good amount of time in Orlando, and at one point even started considering to move up there. Cecelia insisted on meeting him, and she asked him a few questions. One of them, was did he miss his ex and he said yes. And low and behold that was the end of this relationship, there is more to it but suffice to say we were not destined to be together. It was that evening I met Harry.

So, here I sit.. 16 years later and living next door to Harry and Dale. It may seem unusual to the world, but it feels nice to me.

I just closed on a condo 7 doors down, 311 and move in Wednesday. And Cecelia is going to help me and guide me through remodeling the condo. Should be fun and I need someone who can help manage this experience day to day. So, you see things have a way of coming back into our lives and somethings maybe never leave our hearts after all.

Stay tuned Glen, I may decide to post that personal post... time will tell unless my hard drive crashes there is still a glimmer of hope.

Here is a Link to the Pictures of the Condo.



Wish us luck, and we are planning on a blog for the remodel and will post the link here... So stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day