Mind the Gap

In the movie, Notes from a Scandal, the comment is made to mind the gap. Mind the gap between what your life is as compared to what you dreamed it would be.

I think I am minding the gap today.. but the question is how to cross that gap to the life that I want or dream of. The life I am dreaming of is one of happiness and being content. I am afraid at times the gap I am minding at the moment is the life that once was to the one that will or can be.

The relationship.. the love.. the work. All of these things change, life changes and the challenge before me is how not to just mind the gap. Not just how to look at the yellow tape of warning, but to cross the gap. Is it to get on a train to a new world and a new life? or is it walk back up the stairs from the platform back to where I was. Truthfully, I have never walked back from the gaps of my life and don't expect to this time.

The question is.. is Highland Park on both sides of the GAP? is Fort Lauderdale across the GAP? is Key West? I know Provincetown is a home... a platform.. but where is the yellow and the guidance?

I will Mind the GAP..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day