How do you write about your Muse?

How do you write about your Muse?

I believe, except for Rhonda Perling, and outside of family I have known Glen longer than anyone.  Not just an acquaintance but we were friends since I was in second grade.  He came to Savannah from Cleveland, and I always felt like an outsider at Savannah Hebrew Day School and having a new friendly face in the class room helped.  Glen and I became friends and spent many a day or evening at his house with him his family and their dog Lassie I believe.

One memory from those years, was his fmaily had gotten a swimming pool and I think Glen had Bennie Elkins, and myself over to go swimming.  We enjoyed the pool, but he also had gotten a box set of Carpenter Music (wonder if it was a first "box sext").   He and I in particular enjoyed splitting the music and the pool time and was quite fun.

After Day School, we would run into each other at the JEA and always had friendly times together but we didn't hang out as much till he went off to UGA.  It is interesting looking back we were both Sophomores at the time at UGA.  I was looking for a Jewish Fraternity and didn't want to go to TEP.  I had a good friend from the Dorm who went AEPi and I remember going on a whim to one of their pledge parties and after a few kamikazes I think ended up pledging.  Amazing, that I can almost see that white poster on the wall.  Then the next night I think, Glen walks in looking for a fraternity to join but kept thinking he would go TEP cause of the Savannah people there, but I think he saw a more welcoming and friendly house for him as I did and ended up pledging.  We were pledge brothers and I remember during most of the more trying times as pledges he was usually next to me as we suffered as pledges tend to do.

Finally, and important to me, was reconnecting on Facebook and he became my muse for my blog.  I have this blog as you see here, and I started writing on planes so people wouldn't think I was just sitting there staring out into space.  Glen started to read my blog, and compliment me on my writing.  More than a few times he would ping me on Facebook to ask if I had given up writing... and even a few times would suggest topics to get my creative juices flowing. I will miss my friend and my muse, but I hope he is laughing and smiling watching all of us share our warm memories of him.

Comments

Unknown said…
Love your story! We will all miss hearing from Glen on fb :(!!!
Unknown said…
We will miss seeing him visit us in FL and when we visit Atlanta!!!It will not be the same. I have known him for over 26 years due to my husband, Glenn Wadler, one of his best friends and a fraternity brother!

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day