Joan Rivers Passing




It makes no sense.  I sit here on a Thursday afternoon working, and planning for two workshops that are on the horizon.  All good...  but now I am sad.

I sat through hearing about Robin Williams passing, and feeling bad for a man tortured enough to want to take his own life.  Thinking how genius is not a cure all or maybe can be contrary to sanity and mental health.

Then Lauren Bacall died.  I read her first autobiography and was marveled by her, but she was a young 89 and passed away so here I sat and stayed quiet.

Now today, it is Joan Rivers.  She went and did a concert the evening before last Thursday, and left them laughing.  Wakes up the next morning, goes in for what one would think was a simple procedure on her throat and a week later now she has passed away.  When you saw interviews of her she would say this is how she would want to go, and going out on top she did.  Man, could there be a point in her career where she was more successful or exposed to the public eye.

Facebook, QVC, Fashion Police, her show with Melissa Rivers and more and she is going out the way she would have wanted.  81 years young and I am sadder than about the other two.

I saw Joan Rivers live once.. with two of my best friends.  My Mom and Dad and the Kravis Center in West Palm Beach.  If my memory is any good we had nose bleed seats but we sat through laughing.  I think my Mom made a comment later about her language but I remember we enjoyed her performance.

But, what I think I remember and will  hope to always remember is her smart wit and honest approach to life.  She seemed to not shy away from the worst parts of life and make us laugh.  While in the middle she would say something or share something that was true wit and enlightened thought.

I wondered between Robin Williams and Joan Rivers passing could it be the act of terrorists.  Yes, they know the way Americans get through tough periods of our lives is to laugh at ourselves.  So, they took two of the best and want to see if we continue to laugh.  The greatest joke would be there is a heaven and the comics sit up their and officially "roast" the rest of us still here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a Secret...

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10