Glen asked for it...

Electrolux buying GE appliances:  I think this is a good thing.  GE Appliances look and generally run well.. but frankly my Electrolux based dishwasher (Kenmore branded) has to be by far the best dishwasher I have owned.  It is small, but cleans like twice its size.

Show Tunes: I love Broadway.  I love Broadway Musicals, and most of them on film.  But, going to a bar to watch them and drink is not on my top ten list of things to do.  (Just sharing Mark).  Doesn't make sense but it is what it is.

Joan Rivers:  I am tired of what being written is about her career.  I don't think she was more crude than the male comics, just her comedy was well female oriented.  She said what she felt, made us look at ourselves honestly.  Not only that, she was a humanitarian and good to her family, and charities she cared about.  

Barbra Streisand:  Her production team must be the best social media marketers of all time.  This new album / CD is all over the social sphere and can only imagine how it will open up sales wise on the 16th.

Apple:  Sorry, I don't want you to be the intersection for my health records.  No, I don't want you to know where I am every minute of the day.  No, I want to regain my privacy as much as I possibly can.  It frightens me that others don't seem to care as much.  I don't wear a watch now, and can't imagine adding one so you can now track my exercises. Not to mention, one text in the car and I am going to hit my head with my wrist.  OY!

Joan Rivers 2:  There was a post on Facebook.  Joan River's the Jewish Grandmother we all wish we had.  Frankly, I had two great Jewish Grandmothers and even without a personal trip to Italy I wouldn't trade them in.

Time:  I am not sure there is enough time, but I assume like every thing else it is finite but infinite to me.

PLEASE Don't Take Offense: I typically don't play games on Facebook, so if you invite me don't be surprised.  I find the surveys entertaining, but not by much so I don't typically share results. If you ask me to re-post so you know I care about you, I assume you already know I do or don't and stay quiet any way.  I believe that Facebook is intrusive enough into my private life and would like to protect what little privacy I have left.

Joan Rivers 3: Still a mystery to me why her passing is having such an impact on me.  Maybe, it is the feeling that she didn't have to leave so soon.

China:  Is developing their own operating systems:  Taking a clue from the NSA I am sure so they can track what everyone does online from where it starts.

Daffinition of a good friend: I can't define them.  They are there.  They can joke, criticize, and smile and it is all good.  Truthfully I read a lot of definitions of good friends on Facebook but I am convinced, for me, they can't be defined.  Which helps explain why they seem to be quite rare in my life, at times, as well.

Danger:  That moment of fear when I realize the possibility that someday they will be able to read my mind.  At that moment of danger, I am thinking something that if found its way into the public sphere would cause me to need to hide from the global population.

Double Danger:  The fear of dogs learning to speak.  (Since they may have heard some of those thoughts under danger.)

Patience:  The moment when I am driving to the beach in the morning and all these cars speed ahead of me, and I wonder why the hurry.

Karma: When they get to the draw bridge ahead of me and it is up.

Bayer Moment:  Ordering a third glass of wine and forgetting these days of late I am a light weight.

Diet Foods:  Spend more money so they can give you less to eat.

Diet fruit drinks:  Spend more money for sweetened water that has some color to it.

Whole Foods Realization:  Still enjoy Fresh Market, but the moment I realize Whole Foods meats and chicken are still the best for me.

Whole Foods double check:  They now have in the produce aisle a fruit bar, and basically a stir fry ingredient vegetable bar.  All for $5.99 a pound, a lot but sort of nice.  Double Check the salad bar on the other side is $8.99 a pound.

Wonderment:  People who pay for pre-packaged boiled eggs.  (Yes.. maybe for travelers on a budget.. but something icky about it to me.)

Insanity Moment:  The permanent need to clean the fridge repeatedly whether it needs it or not.

Technology Bitch:  The need to scream at my car to change the Pandora station because it can't hear me over its air conditioner.

Maturing:  Learning to say no when you don't want to do something and not feel the need to explain or make an excuse.

Being an adult: Not questioning the reason when someone says no they don't want to do something without giving you an explanation or an excuse.

Honest moments: Watching someone with their dog, when the dog is not well or needs help, and you will see who they really are.

Why I don't remember my dreams:  Why did I have a dream with Michelle Obama telling me how happy she will be in two years, and apparently at a moment of concern for me.

Creature of habit:  I am not a creature of habit, just happens to be some habits and creatures I like.

Contentment:  That realization at the end of a day, that you haven't left the house, and then realize that was OK.

Reality:  The second after you realize something is burning on your stove.

Clothes Cost: Why the shorter the shorts the more expensive they are.

Opportunity: Clothes for shorter men that are designed for our stature.

Apology:  These made me think and laugh.  Glen, if you found neither, I apologize, and will try to do better next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a Secret...

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10