"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill

I know...  people get depressed.  Some people have a chemical imbalance or challenges in their soul that they can't shake.  But here I sit in the middle of my condo wondering about Robin Williams, as many of you do.  I have a blog here, and I write, and yet I feel somewhat at a loss for words but.. I will try.

I have been depressed at times, as I assume we all are.   I have walked across an occassional bridge concerned about falling into the highway and wondering how long before I would be missed.  But, my reaction has always been to walk closer to the curb and keep walking.  As Windston Churchill said, "If you're going through hell, keep going."  Don't stop, for lack of a kinder term, living!

Why could such a brilliant man not speed up?  what will be his challenges that were so ornerous to his mind that moving on to be with his friend Christopher Reeves was the right choice.  Think about the comparison, one man who was kept alive by the desire to live and by the  miracles of modern medicine and money, while the second through some illness in his mind and soul chose to end his life on earth with us.

It scares me.  He was a go to actor for me.  Dead Poets Society, and that trusted professor always willing to do the right thing.  Need a laugh and a tear, Mrs. Doubtfire every time.  Need to smile and cry, there is Goodwill Hunting.  See him on any talk show and just hold on to your chair and make sure you don't laugh too hard.

All the way back to a great scene on Youtube with him and Carol Burnett.  Talk about two masters trying to make each other laugh, in a way that you see both of their generosity and brilliance through two takes.



We believe that in brilliance and talent there is happiness.  I am sure, and hopeful, he was happy at times.  But, it is a reminder of the importance of mental health.  It is also a reminder not to assume with public success and generosity, there must be happiness inside.  

There will be less laughter today.  And as I watch the turmoil from Israel / Gaza, Russia, Iraq to the Ebola crisis we will need the laughter that will be missing without him among us mortal souls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a Secret...

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10