Landscape of my life is changing...

I just turned 47 on Black Friday. I wasn't black but being the day after thanksgiving. ...

When I was a kid, I had the rare birthday on a school day. More often than not was in the middle of the family Thanksgiving in Anderson, SC with my Grandmother and family. As I get older I realize how lucky this is and was. Birthdays don't hold a , high position in my memories and my expectations. So focusing on a changing number or necessary entertainment focus on my birthday is not required or frankly desired on my part.

Oddly, one birthday I remember is the one near my Bar Mitzvah. I remember my Mom and Dad taking me out to get a new watch. They said they didn't want my birthday to be ignored cause of my Bar Mitzvah 8 days later Was a digital watch with a light. Think it was a Timex and it did take a beating and survived my teen years.

My Aunt Janet passed away the week before Thanksgiving. Reminding me of love, family and people changing my life's landscape. At her funeral, my cousin Davida reminded us all of her zest for life and unique energy. Aunt Janet was a cornerstone of my life who loved me and showed interest in my life unconditionally. Whether it was coming out and meeting my partner Harry. Hanging out at home. Religious moments like the Silverman sedurim. Her support and love was special and will always be strong in my heart.

Changing landscapes for me are also about the friends and my changing life's desires. I seem to have found a luxury of friendships that provide me the love and support to be more of just me. Such a luxury to be with Amigos who like and love me Regardless of my mood being quiet, chatty, or even grumpy doesn't seem to challenge their friendship and support.

We all have family. I love mine. But I have an extended family of friends that as Aunt Janet did for so long give me unconditional love and support. From the Amigos, Harry, Christian and Leo, Provincetown, Jack and many others.

Walking alone this weekend and realized I was walking with someone I liked a great deal... Me. I couldn't ask for a better birthday present. Thanks to all my friends and family

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day