Things I think I know...

As I look, to what I believe will be a yearly change, to head to Ptown for the summer what things do I think I know for sure.

I am a very lucky man. 51 years ago today, my parents married. I am lucky to have them and so many solid relationships in my family growing up. I also feel lucky that not only have they lasted but they love, and like each other and their children love and admire them.

The rest are in quite random order...


1) Swifter is great, but they don't replace a mop and broom for everything.

2) Friends are fun and entertaining but the best of my friends have an ability to provide silent support. You just happen to know they are there and seem to appear at the moment you need them.

3) Love does not conquer all, but it does live beyond time.

4) Diana Ross does have a very distinct and unique voice. Unique and Range make for lasting careers more than the purist vocal instrument.

5) Barbra Streisand has the rare combination of a great vocal instrument, unique voice, and range.

6) Education does have value without occupation.

7) Fort Lauderdale does have culture, for me it is the culture of friendship.

8) Israel is a great country, that needs to adjust to being a regional superpower. Not all of the protest over the flotilla are cloqued anti-semitism or anti-zionist rhetoric. It is what happens when the powerful exert their superiority over others without restraint. Thomas Friedman's column in the NY Times I think needs to be read and understood by all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/02/opinion/02friedman.html


Remember he lived over there for years and has reported and written extensively. Just as I support American troops while being against the Iraq war, I can support the Israeli military and be against the approach taken to stop the flotilla.

9) Friends and loving families learn to disagree and stay friends and loving family.

10) If I didn't have days of nothing on my calendar, my originality and creativity would suffer.

11) I make a good tenant.

12) If you forgot how good Mary Tyler Moore and the Mary Tyler Moore show was / is go watch the first seasons on Hulu.com. Amazing they were tackling race, women's rights, and other causes with humor and entertainment. Watch early episodes, and then go watch the Rhoda show, and understand why the Rhoda show was good and the spin off was not just good business but necessary for both stars.

13) Is there any more American food than hamburgers? Maybe hotdogs, but when is the last menu you saw a without a hamburger on it. Even overseas!

14) On that note, I and my belly wish we had never tasted a french fry.

15) I have a love hate relationship with Facebook, AOL, and Cell Phones. Sometimes, I just don't want people to reach out and be able to touch me. I just want to be with myself and maybe that is why I am single today.

16) People who don't understand dogs, would not understand why I miss Daisy three years later.

17) I like my life better than reality TV.

18) Men are more complicated than women think.

19) Time doesn't always fly when you are having fun.

20) I have had some weird dreams lately, and would like to go back to not remembering them.

21) Spirit Airlines is right. The reason SouthWest can turn a plane in 30 minutes is most luggage is checked. If you are against the fees charged, then learn to accept higher air fares.

22) I bought a new camera I like, and stopped taking pictures of everything. Not sure.. why that happened.

23) I appreciate Glen Dynin's pictures from Washington. Need to play tourist, but will wait till it cools down.

24) Ditto, on the gay days at Disney, I would like to do that once and could have this past weekend if procrastination was not prevalent.

25) I think one reason we appreciate pets is they live in the now and for today. We humans could learn from them, and enjoy the moments of our lives more.

26) Ever wonder what would have happened in the early days of human existence if the Lions, Tigers and Bears maintained their physical superiority before humans learned how to make tools,weapons, and live and hunt together?

27) If you want the easiest and most reasonable site to send chocolate use Lindt.com.

28) Christian is right. Modern Reuben sandwiches suffer because the corned beef is too lean which makes it tough. Need some old fashioned, kosher pickled corned beef with the fat included. Also, the meat needs to be sliced in the right direction.

29) Ever Watch the Andy Griffith show and wonder? little TV, and apparently not much to do but they all seemed happy. I am afraid I couldn't last too long, but does make you wonder.

30) Do all these Ultra and 64 calorie beers just give people excuses to drink more beer. (smiles)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a Secret...

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10