Day in the Hood...

I sit here on a Friday. A holiday of my own choice, because today, I am my own boss. Not sure, sometimes I feel like I am more at the whim of others. But, today I am my boss and so I am taking a day off in sunny Fort Lauderdale.

Listening to Madonna, cleaning house, and checking an occasional email. Then off to lunch in the hood with Kevin and Rich. Life is pretty darn good today. I like living near the hood.

In the middle of this all, another drama plays out as it has so many times. Harry is packing, shipping, and shutting down his winter holiday. Time to go back. The flowers are starting to bloom. The Daffodils are coming up... and as Harry taught me.. flowers come up in colors in the spring and the first are yellows.

When Harry and I were together. These four months were long and short to me. More importantly they were not the event they are today. If it was time to be back in New Jersey, it just meant he and Daisy would be back in a working rhythm with me. The difference is I see how short these 4 months can be, and with the weather lovely, I feel it more for him than for me. But, the yellows are blooming and it is time for his creative energy to focus on his customers.

It also means it is time for me to start to shift my energy back to Provincetown. So, after the sedurim, a week or two home in the north will do me well.



Yet, I sit here wondering what my flowers are. I need to find passion in what I do. I also have to be very careful not to get bored. Doing the same thing day to day can get old to me quickly, and can cause me to make decisions that are not good for me. So, the right answer is to take a day off. Enjoy lunch.. tonight is the art walk in Wilton Manors and Just chill... in the hood.

Comments

Fiona Mader said…
lunch.. can i join you :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day