Home is _____ ?

Where is Home?

Ever wonder.. what or where is home for you?
Is home where you were born?
Is home where you put your head each night, so it changes?
Is it where you wake up and smile?

I am having one of those days where contemplating home, and where that is or should be is on my mind. I am a very lucky man with choices. While the world is rocking and rolling.. I have choices as to where or how I want to live. I know for most people, life is moving so fast they don't have the luxury to stop and wonder. I have created a pause in my life, and I am wondering where I am headed.

Today I have two homes, and I am not sure if I know the core answer. I was at breakfast today saying I need an anchor, and I need a place that I can just know is my base. Doesn't mean I can't have a second place.. but I need an anchor that when someone says where are you from? I don't feel like a multiple choice test:

a) where I was born?
b) Where I live?
c) Where I work?
d) Where my heart is?
e) all of the above
f) None of the above.

I don't live a luxurious life. I am not Oprah with estates all over. I am just a simple man with small places, and what feels like today big choices. Somehow, I think figuring out the base, my anchor will help solve other choices in my mind from work, life, and maybe love.

I am enjoying Fort Lauderdale. I will be in Provincetown in April, and I know I will love that. Is either an anchor for my heart and soul? I felt that way in New Jersey for a while. I would walk down Wayne Street. Many times with luggage in tow and as I opened the door to 223 I would smile knowing that it was home. Whether Daisy was there with Harry waiting or even after our relationship I knew that I was in a home of my creation and in a town where I felt safe.

New Jersey for the single man, just was not to be. Being in For Lauderdale where there are so many men, and so many snowbirds to tug a your heart, makes you wonder. Provincetown for me is more of a friend, family, and environment. Is there somewhere else? maybe a house in Fort Lauderdale with a cute dog would be that new anchor?

It is a picture perfect day in Fort Lauderdale. Where you have to remember to pinch yourself. The sun is out. A nice breeze is blowing. And yet in the middle of luxury, is a feeling of contemplation in the mix with the bliss.


Comments

Unknown said…
Why can't you have "TWO" homes? It's what you make of it... I think you are still in Mid-Life and unable to make a choice or don't want to make a choice. Wish I knew where I was supose to be???
xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day