There are moments where if is not the right question ... the right question. Is when.



There are moments where if is not the right question ... the right question. Is when.  

I sat yesterday on a flight to Atlanta.  It is a cold day in Austin. I decided to go home, to Savannah, yesterday. 

See, there are times when family and love of family trumps all.  Work takes a back seat.  House and home are in transition with much to do, but the question of if to go home to Savannah was never the right question.  It was how, when, and for how long I can stay. 

Yesterday my Aunt Fay passed away.  We are lucky in my family.  The women in many ways showed the light and direction for their children, nieces and nephews, and grandchildren.  

Aunt Fay was one of those strong women who not only showed the way with her own strength but her love as well. 

When I started to think of Aunt Fay’s legacy.  I start with the recent.  I remember a few years ago her meeting Frank, and with her beauty and love they hit it off right away.  She showed pictures, had put out a “nosh" and right away Frank was as eager to see Aunt Fay in future visits as I.  

You see when I think of Aunt Fay, that moment is how she showed her love and class my entire life.  She showed her love and care was something I could always depend on. 

Another great example, was her decision to take me to see Yentl.  Before I even realized I was gay, this reminded me as I came out her support,  love and acceptance when it was not always easy to receive.  

I remember her pride in her family in Atlanta.  Her love of her family in Savannah.  But, above all as I sit on this flight what my heart wants to share is that her love and support has meant a great deal from my childhood to being an adult and will be truly missed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a Secret...

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10