200th Blog Post: Instead of waiting for the miracle from the universe, looking inside for my miracles.

Instead of waiting for miracle from the universe, I am Looking inside for my own miracles.


This is my 200th blog posts with over 15000 reads.  (yes I know my sister is probably 5000 of them.. ) 

Amazing that almost 8 years ago I started with this adventure from a point of change.   I was changing jobs, recently single and trying to figure the next phase of my life. Describing me to the world and along the way discussed weddings, deaths, politics and a myriad of thoughts ranging from gay rights, religion, and politics with hopefully some humor along the way.

I sat down a few times in the last week or two, to write the “200th” blog post.  I wanted some humor and fun most of all but with the events of the last few weeks I just couldn’t smile and laugh my way through. 



I needed to look inside and thing a little bit more and this morning I decided to break this up this post into some key areas and ideas.

What makes me mad?

How can we ever find true equality without recognizing our own prejudices? Just because someone looks different, or doesn't conform to our norms doesn't mean they are to be feared or are less worthy of our own admiration.  Isn't it those swimming upstream in unusual clothes and thought that have spurred the most positive change in the world?

How can we talk about being color blind, until we teach our children to revel in the differences we all possess.  Till we remind each other of the great contributions of all people to our society and the broader world.  Till the older generation agrees to these impacts and agrees to talk, to understand and sit at the table together to take action and not just talk we will not live up to the promise of "we all are created equal"!

We can't solve this challenge without recognizing our unique impact on black Americans.  To believe that we as a country have done "enough" to remedy the impact of slavery, Jim Crow laws and segregation to help this key part of our society step out and thrive is obviously wrong.   Whether we like it or not, we the white majority of the past, and the country as a whole need to do more and learn to talk again to one another and not hide our head in the sand and deny the lingering prejudice and impact of our past.  

It makes me mad that the focus on Hillary is on the email server and not the actual content of her emails.  As read in editorial they show how strong and compassionate she is. Sounds like a good mix of qualities for a president.   Why is it so scary that an ambitious. Loving and smart woman wants to be president.  Does anyone truly believe she set out to have this email server to intentionally put the country at risk?

What makes me Sad?


Since this blog started, people have passed away including myAunt Janet, who I wrote about, and others along the way.  I am sad for their loss from our world, but brings warmth to my heart their memories and how they made a difference in my life.  I must add Glen Dynin's passing to this section. 

Glen has been a friend since 2nd grade, a fraternity brother, and most recently my muse for this blog.  When I didn't write he scolded me.  When I couldn't find something to write about he would suggest topics.  When I misspelled a word, or something didn't sound right he would let me know.  He also didn't hold back compliments when a post hit the mark.  So, I am sad for his early passing but I think of him often especially when writing.

What makes me glad?

Have you been watching, surfing and reading about the Juno Probe orbiting and taking picture of Jupiter.  Fascinating, and to learn how much of our solar system and our existence was dependent on this large gaseous planet.  From deflecting asteroids, to being a key part of the early formation of the solar system it is truly amazing.

More amazing, is that NASA may be the origin of the probe but it has taken the whole earth to support and propel this mission.  From the Satellite dishes and observatories around the world communicating to the probe.  From all of the laymen astronomers contributing pictures and their own requests for pictures to you and I surfing and looking at wonderment of this huge planet so far from us but so close as compared to the universe.  Does it not amaze you what we humans can do when we forget our country of origin, race and focus on doing something good for all of mankind?  This along with the International Space Station must make us realize how good humans are and can be when we focus our collective energy on the world.


Sunrises, Sunsets and the Beach... amaze me every day.  I wake up in the morning and walk out looking east.  I see this great sky unfold and as I head to the beach for my morning walk I just think how lucky I truly am.  We really don't have that much building blocking us here so we get a good glimpse of Mother Nature’s glory but as I approach the ocean I just add to my amazement.  I then put my feet in the water, and watch the birds, the tourists, the occasional plane taking off from the airport and I feel so lucky every day.  




Then, as the day goes, I sit at home in the evening and I get to watch the sunset from my window and again I am amazed again at the colors and warmth in the evening coming into our home.



What makes me love?


I think it was July 7th, not really sure, two years ago but an amazing change in my life began with a woof.  This dog, Daisybelle, and the love and clarity she has brought to my life is amazing.  She can be gentle.. She can be stubborn.. She can be playful and that is all in the last thirty minutes.  I think dogs are man's best friend because they embody the best in who we can be.  Not judging others, until they have presented themselves with a challenge.  Learning to enjoy all of the moments of life and not focus always on tomorrow.  Understanding that love and caring for each other is in the end what it is all about.  

I have a great partner with Frank in my life.  He shows me every day the love he has for me, his support, and putting up with my occasional mood.  He also shows me his capacity for love with our girl.  Just watching them play, or nap, or live day to day reminds me again how lucky I am to have love in my life.

What do I see for the future of the blog? 


Not waiting for the miracle from the universe, looking inside for my miracles.

I am "looking for my miracles inside of me" as compared to looking out to the Universe for Miracles.  Hopefully, by focusing on my energy around me and on my own happiness I can become more generous and a beacon of contentment for others.





I started this adventure I thought i was in a moment if change.  I think I finally realized that change is the constant of my life.   

I hope you all enjoy my sharing, and as this is all on the web, if not you can read others (smile) but thank you for taking the time and hope you find an occasional nugget of information, and humor along our way together.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a Secret...

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10