Brian's Arbitrary top Ten List

Brian Silverman's Top Ten List





1) Ohio not passing monopolized Marijuana is interesting in that people seemed more concerned about the business aspects than the actual legalization of marijuana.

2) Kentucky elects a more conservative governor after putting democrats in office for a long time.  With the issue of Kim Davis, gay marriage challenges and more this would have seemed to me a bigger deal than the legalization of marijuana in Ohio.

3) Houston can elect and reelect an out lesbian mayor but can't agree to protect her rights against discrimination.  Not sure I am surprised but certainly disappointed but more so because the rhetoric that caused defeat was about men freely being able to go into women's bathrooms. 

4) I want to see the Peanuts Movie. (Yes this can't all be too serious for a Wednesday).  Not sure why it appeals to me so much as an adult but they have done a great job promoting it to adults as well as children.

5) Orphan Black available on Amazon may be one of the best acting jobs I have seen.  How Tatiana Maslany keeps it all straight is amazing to me.



6) It is boat show week in Fort Lauderdale.  Which means our "season" has officially begun with a combination of boat experts, sales people, boat polishers and potential buyers clogging up the beach, waterways and restaurants welcome and enjoy a town I get to call home.



7) Except for a brief period moving in with Frank I am on my 3rd or 4th year cutting the cord from cable and I really do not miss it.  When I run into shows like the morning shows (e.g. the Today Show) they just make me happier to enjoy silence in the morning.

8) Does it ever appear that presidential candidates are all auditioning for the next three stooge’s movie or is it just me?

9) The construction of the beach wall here to recover from the damage of hurricane Sandy is amazing.  Reminds me what good government can do when they focus on doing the right thing well.


10) Oh, by the way, while everyone was preparing for the election and the week.  Two good friends, George and Ken got married.  After 19 years together seeing the look of love on their face and the importance of being married to them reminded me that this is truly a right for gay people worth fighting for.  Also, for those of you around the country who may be worried the weather was lovely (so no end of the planet in site), nor were there any other extreme events, just two people who genuinely love and care for each other getting married.  And dare I might say, as compared to all of the negative thoughts, ugly debates, and challenging world news isn't world a better place when people can stand up and declare their love and commitment to one another!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day