Throw Forward Thursdays

I have been accused of late, that my blog has become introspective.
Yes, there are times in my life that I look inside for a moment or two of looking at my life and the future.   Should I consider a new career?  Should I be thinking about where I live?  What would life be like if after 30 years I moved back to Savannah?  What is it really like to work at Starbucks?

These are things and actions I think about, not as much because I like looking backwards but frankly because they build the building blocks in my mind for the future.  So, I sit here and yes I contemplate and analyze my life at times a little too much but more because I am looking forward than backwards.

Yes, I know it is throwback Thursdays and time to post that quirky picture of my childhood or of a moment that happened before today and they are all quite cute and funny from others.  But, I don't want to throwback to another day before today.



See, I actually don't do well looking back other than to try and cherry pick lessons from my past so here are a few lessons from my past:

1) Your manager is the person you need to defend and respect the most above and beyond any other work related person: teammate or executive

2) Cut the vodka in half for Jell-O Shots or people will fall off porches, but be careful the vodka won't be tasted so there may be more entertainment later.

3) Never if you can help it move down the hall or across a parking lot.  For some reason those moves never seem to end.

4) Your most prized possessions won't sell on Craigslist and the prizes are in your memories.

5) Contentment is not always happiness.  You can be content today but want something else to truly be happy.

6) There are no two sunrises that are the same.

7) Women have a harder time yielding to others when walking along the beach.  (Just an observation and maybe unique to me or Fort Lauderdale).

8) Sales happen in the gaps of time between spoken words.  Giving customers time to contemplate and not try and fill the silence is key.  It makes you seem confident in what you have said, and allows them time to process.

9) Taxes are not all bad.  As in anything, citizens need to see the benefit from their investment.  e.g. mass transit and education in the north.

10) Walk a moment in my shoes, and then criticize my life.  Until you do, you never know what is actually going on in someone’s life that you want to be critical of.

11) Group thought and teaming matter, but at times the decision that is collectively popular is wrong.   It takes courage not to go with the crowd, stand your ground even if the decision is unpopular.  My Dad taught me that time and time again.

12) Buy real estate you like, and want to live and work in.  The odds are your taste are not that unique and the value will increase.  Instead of buying where the market tells you the growth will be.

13) Religious tolerance includes those that profess to be atheist being tolerant of those who possess honest faith.

14) I worry that Facebook will prove my life is truly not that exciting.

15) Inclination is to have a very broad palette of colors in my home.  Truth, the best is a few consistent colors throughout the house.

16) If you are on a diet, and think chewing gum helps curb your hunger, I don't think that is true.  It makes your mind and body expect nutrients that don't arrive making you hungrier.

17) Does it amaze anyone that this country has drunk coffee for decades prior to Starbucks telling us it wasn't any good?

18) Better linens last longer, and are better investment than cheap ones.

19) I have yet to buy furniture at Crate and Barrel that didn't hold up or wasn't what I expected even if I order on line.  It all started when they sold wooden crates you put together years ago.

20) I have yet to look at iKEA the same way.



21) The best guacamole is simple when the avocados are fresh.  If they aren't don't bother.

So, forgive my lack of Throwback Thursdays, and I hope you are entertained.  I should have look forward Fridays and come up with some new thoughts stay tuned.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day