Apparently I am my car...


Apparently I am my car...

For those of you that didn't know, I actually got a new car in July.  Oddly, I think in 3 months I have driven it a little over 650 miles, but that is primarily because of travel and Provincetown.   I owned a 2010 Mercury Milan, and liked it.  Was about to come off of warranty so traded for a 2012 Ford Fusion.  Realizing that they had a new model coming out so I could negotiate a fair deal.



What does this have to do with me? some people end up looking like their pets apparently I end up acting like my car.  I have owned Buicks, Nissans, Volvos, and even and SUV.  Frankly, I don't think most of them would have made it on the cover of MotorTrend, but I liked most of them...  So here I am in a 2012 mid-size sedan.  It is very similar to the Milan, of course, but a little bit upgraded.  V6 engine, leather seats, and the queerest (I must say) ambient lighting I have seen.  You can change the colors and seems like almost every color in The Rainbow.  Ford Fusion was just rated the most desirable mid-size sedan so I guess that makes me a desirable almost (smiles) middle-aged man.

Maybe, that is who I am at this stage of my life.  Slightly upgraded, a little more luxurious than my past, and maybe even a little more mature.  The car is quicker than it looks.  I, especially in my work life, have been underestimated and been able to leverage that to my advantage.  The engine and package is more well balanced than the 4 cylinder Milan.  Certainly experience and a more focused work environment is a good thing.  The mileage may not be as good, but since I have only filled up twice I have nothing to base that on personally, but as a Silverman and in good health I assume my mileage is not all worn out.

At the same time, I hear I need to loosen up on occasion.  I am not sure exactly what that means.  I can be driven quickly at times.  Certainly, enjoy my life, my time, and my friends.   I have ridden roller coasters once in my life, and I think only one person on Facebook was there with me (see if she remembers).  I went on the Scream Machine at Six Flags and remember getting off the ride and saying check that off the list.  I am not sure what I would be like more loosened up, and frankly not always sure I would like myself as much.  Always amazes me I will fly any where in the world, and have hit I think 4 of the continents and many on my own.  But, to this day don't understand the appeal of nor do I desire to ride on another roller coaster.

That said, I have a new man in my life.  A handsome Jewish fellow from Florida, who can and wants to go at a drop of a hat.  I sit on the couch, holding hands and smiling and he has a list of errands or activities.  Staying out late means past 10 (who knew there were bars open that late) and looking for more variety each day.  I do think in the long run this will be a good thing for me, but just like learning to push this new car a little bit with the more powerful engine this will take time.

He makes me smile.  Can challenge me, my mind, and desires at times.  I have to say he also relaxes me and makes me want to be home more, which I know is contradictory to the above.  So, we need to figure this out.  I think of it like a see saw parallel to the ground and we have to maintain the balance together.  All a good thing... maybe even a Quiet thing.

So, Brad, you wanted to be in my blog...  love you!  and be patient, my car can go fast at times and so can I.. reliably, comfortably, and with a good tune on the stereo.  I also think nice to be with, and frankly can change colors on occasion to fit the mood.




Glen, taken 8 weeks to write and didn't end up being political which I expected the next one to be...

Which means I have more to say... happy Monday everyone!

Comments

Carry said…
It is good that you got yourself a Ford Fusion. And if you’d like to think that you end up acting like your car, you’ll be glad about that because of the many awards the 2012 Ford Fusion had received. It is the 2012 Best Affordable Midsize Car for the Money and 2012 Best Affordable Midsize Car for Families due to the car roomy interior, large trunk, and good safety scores. There certainly is something great to brag about your new Ford Fusion car!


Carry Demaggio
Delsie said…
Congratulations on your new car! “Maybe, that is who I am at this stage of my life. Slightly upgraded, a little more luxurious than my past, and maybe even a little more mature.” Well, it fits to have a car that directly reflects how you are. You will be more at ease with it and it helps that it represents what you are. Anyway, nice choice! Congratulations!

Delsie Maidens

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day