A Happiness Post..

I was accused of always writing in my blog of things that do not reflect my happiness. Although not every day can be happy, or joyous I do have plenty to be happy about and usually feel like one of the lucky ones.

So... Here are a few of the things that make and continue to make me happy.

1. A quiet walk to the breakers in Provincetown.
2. A quiet walk in Provincetown interrupted by friends, and the flowers of spring and summer.
3. Good friends that you can depend on.
4. Having successfully sold my house in Jersey to help survive career shifts and the economy.
5. The work my business ABS Partner Marketing brings me even if I am not totally ready for constant work (smiles)
6. The welcome of Pearl (corgi) when I return.
7. Realizing at the end of a business trip I will be back in my own little slice of paradise.
8. Learning that things are just that... Things. I do like nice ones but in the end they are not nearly as important as happiness and the people in your life.
9. Ending a 24 year career at IBM ... Seeing the world and having no regrets and plenty to celebrate.
10. Having experienced true love and tranquility. And learning that even if it does not last, it is still priceless.
11. Having healthy and happy parents, sister and brother.
12. Having great nieces and nephews.
13. Extending my family to include great friends who give advice and remind me how lucky I am. (smiles)
14. Admitting I am a wimp in January and February and creating an escape in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
15. Having experienced passionate kisses.
16. Learning to appreciate my own company again.
17. Refusing to settle for the life others expect or expected of me.
18. Playing tennis on the Wii and ping pong on my iPhone.
19. Having experienced the best of Broadway.
20. Walking out of Wicked cause we didn't like it the night it received all the Tony nominations.
21. Reminding me that my time has value.
22. Seeing Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler, and Cher in concert twice... so far.
23. Having Bought socks in Hong Kong, chocolates in Brussels, Pearls in Beijing, and tea cups in London.
24. Sitting on the porch in Provincetown listening to music and watching the world go by. And if all the stars are aligned to have a sweet dog in my lap.
25. That IBM repaired my Thinkpad in one day so I could bring it along on this business trip.
26. Learning to cook, and make stuffed cabbage. Also learned contrary to stereotype I can't cook pretty.
27. Reunions ala facebook Rhonda and Kenneth who sparked this by reminding me how happy I was as a kid to just name a few.
28. Understand the value of therapy and its limitations.
24. Bananna Cream pie at the Mews in the winter with Lee.
25. The Ramrod bar in Fort Lauderdale in the afternoon. Seems like it is my good luck charm.
26. Memories of my grandparents up till my 40's.
27. A sense of humor and small doses of sarcasm to get through difficult moments.
28. Realizing I can not sing.
29. That odd moment when you are checking out someone and realize they are checking you out.
30. Hydrangeas in Provincetown.
31. The courage of Drag Queens.
32. Being a gay, Jewish, American.
33. Living around people who like me just as I am.
34. New York
35. The Atlantic Ocean
36. The peace of a smooth flight and landing.
37. Music
38. The Middle River in Fort Lauderdale.
39. Great sheets and soap.
40. The mysteries of my own mind.
41. Learning that Happiness is important.. and not just a luxury.
42. Having had the company of some of the sweetest dogs on the planet.
43. Education happens more out of school than in school.
44. That I am bald and don't have to remember a brush when I travel.
45. That smiles are contagious.
46. I can dance.. after a drink. SMILE folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where were you 22 Years Ago on 9/11?

Hot Summer Day Random Top 10

Another First Father's Day